FAI SPRING DAYS: WHAT TO SEE IN VENICE AREA ON MARCH 25 AND 26From: 25-03-2017 To: 26-03-2017
Like every year, Fai (Fondo Ambiente Italiano) is celebrating Spring with the so called FAI Spring days. On the 25th and the 26th of March you will have the chance to visit more than 1000 sites and 400 cities in Italy, such as churches, villages and archeological areas.
Usually, all these places are not open for a visit and most of the times people don0’t even know that they exist.
You will have the opportunity to see several hidden treasures during this weekend, giving a optional donation.
ALL THE PLACES YOU CAN VISIT IN VENICE AREA DURING THE FAI SPRING DAYS
During the FAI spring day you will be able to visit:
- San Domenico Church (on Saturday 25th March, from 9.30am to 1pm and from 2.30pm to 5pm; Sunday 26th March, from 10am to 1pm)
- Sant’Andrea della Mirada Church (on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm)
- Negozio Olivetti in St Mark’s Square (on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 5.30pm)
- Palazzo Morosini Gatterburg in St Mark’s district (on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 5pm)
- Scuola Grande della Misericordia in Cannaregio area (on Saturday and Sunday 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 4pm)
- Villa Bisacco Palazzi in Chirignago city (on Saturday from 10am to 1pm and from 2pm to 6pm; on Sunday from 10am to 1pm)
FAI delegation organizes a guided tour at Villa Morosini and Villa Erizzo Belvedere in Mirano city, two magnificent mansions which belong to the Mirano’s heritage. (on Saturday from 2.30pm to 6pm and on Sunday from 10.30am to 6p.30pm).
In occasion of the FAI Spring days 25h edition, on Sunday 26th March the FAI delegation and the new-born Gruppo FAI Giovani (FAI Young Group) are organizing some guided tours in 4 important sites, all related to a theme: “Mansions culture, environment and religioni in the Basso Livenza area.
At the municipality of S. Stino di Livens you will be able to see:
- The Bandizioi and Pressacon forest, one of the most impressive example of reforestation in the Padan Plain
- San Marco Evangelista Church, full of precious pieces of art and located in a suggestive background
- Villa Bigotto in Caroline city, a fascinating XVI century mansion
- Villa Correr Agazzi, a vivid proof of a luxurious and adventurous life in Biverone.
You can visit these fantastic places on Sunday 26th March, from 10am to 6pm.