VENETO VILLAS – MARCA TREVIGIANA
Villa Tamagnino Lattes in Istrana
It is one of the first works by the architect Giorgio Massari. The high central body is enclosed between two curved barchesse. (It can be visited).
Villa Marcello in Piombino Dese
It dates back to late 1500s and it was nearly completely adjusted in 1700s. It is a building with two barchesse placed perpendicularly; the whole structure forms a sort of ‘C’. (It can be visited by appointment).
Villa Cornaro Rushin Piombino Dese
It is an oeuvre by Palladio: an almost perfect cube whose two sides, the main ones, are enriched with a double-storey loggia with a tympanum on the top. (It can be visited on Saturdays afternoon).
Villa Rovero Avogadro Bonottoin San Zenone degli Ezzelini
The villa is placed in the centre of the village. It is an extremely scenographical building on three floors with a big central body connected with two lateral towers by means of arcades with loggias.
Villa Contarini Mocenigo in Asolo
It is a building of the sixteenth century and has got a lenghtened form. On its façade there are still some original frescoes by Lattanzio Gamabara from Brescia. On the southern side of the villa another building rose in the eighteenth century. It has got a Venetian-style façade. The two constructions were then linked by an underground tunnel. (It can be visited though at present it is under repair).
Villa Barbaro in Maser
It was designed about in 1560 by Palladio for Daniele and Marcantonio Barbaro. During the construction of this villa Palladio was extremely skilful in trasforming a former house:helinked it to the straight barchesse and hollowed out a nymphaeum on a side of the hill by means of a fish pond from which, thanks to an innovative hydraulic system,the water is carried to the service rooms and then reaches the gardens. Inside the villa contains some frescoes by Paolo Veronese. (It can be visited)
Villa Emo in Vedelago, Fanzolo
It was built by Palladio in 1560 for Leonardo Emo. At present this villa still belongs to Family Emo. It has got a central parallelepiped shaped body in which we find a high tetrastyle pronao following a Doric style. You can enter by means of a large staircase. (It can be visited).