This walking tour features all the most significant monuments that stand in testimony to the glorious past of Venice. Discover the thousand-year long history of the Serenissima, and learn how this island city became a cross-roads of civilizations and the Queen of the Seas.
• St. Mark’s Square, description of the history of the main monuments: St. Mark’s Basilica, The Doge’s Palace, the Campanile, the Clock Tower, the Procuratie
• S. Maria Formosa, with its lively “Campo”, one of the most popular squares in Venice
• The Church and Campo of SS. Giovanni e Paolo – the “Pantheon” of Venice, the great charitable Scuola and the heroic deeds of the famed Captains of fortune
• Marco Polo’s house and Teatro Malibran – where ancient and recent history meet in this wonderful corner of Venice
• Back to St. Mark’s through the famous Mercerie, once the commercial lifeline between Rialto and St. Mark’s and today Venice’s main shopping district