Mocenigo Palace, the museum and study center of tissues and Costumes in Venice, hosts some interesting paths dedicated to perfume.
Center History Studies of Costume
, section of the Civic Veneziani Museums, has been instituted in 1985 and has center to Palace Mocenigo
di San Stae.
After an incredible restyling The Museo
di Palazzo Mocenigo
has now changed “costume” and reopen from November 1, 2013.
The former palazzo that used to belong to a branch of the Mocenigo family
, one of the most important and prestigious dynasties of the Venetian aristocracy, was donated to the municipality of Venice in 1945 by the last descendant, Alvise Nicolò, and joined the Musei Civici Veneziani circuit in 1985. It has been undergoing extensive conservative work since January 2013 which has made it possible to restore not only the main architectural and structural features, but also the antique furnishings and decorations, the splendid frescoes, stucco and marble, the fine floors and windows.
As though they were still lived in by their former owners, the rooms of Palazzo Mocenigo
are revealed via an appealing new ‘circular’ route ‘inhabited’ by mannequins wearing period clothes and accessories amidst the elegant, sumptuous 18th-century decorations, fabrics and embroideries, paintings and frames, period garments and accessories, for the most part drawn from the museum’s own collections and storerooms, but also from the collections of other museums of the Fondazione.
This was the inspiration for the creation of a new section
dedicated to a particular aspect of the history of Venetian tradition: perfume
, which, up until now, has not been studied in depth, highlighting the key role the city played in the origins of this aesthetical, cosmetic and entrepreneurial custom.
From 1st November to 31st March: 10 am – 4 pm (ticket office 10 am – 3.30 pm)
From 1st April to 31st October: 10 am – 5 pm (ticket office 10 am – 4.30 pm)
Closed on Mondays, December 25th, January 1st and May 1st
Full € 8
Concessionary € 5.50