TELEFONO E FAX: 043821230
With the discovery of America, the events following the war with the League of Cambrai and the economic and military wear and tear caused by the continuous conflicts with the Turks for dominance over the Mediterranean, the shrewd Venetian entrepreneurs soon realize that they can no longer base their their economic fortune only on maritime trades and look with interest to the possessions in the mainland, which until then had been considered only as a fortified outpost, a place of supply of raw materials (metals, timber, wine, ...) and, at all plus, territory where to build hunting lodges. Towards the middle of the sixteenth century the situation has already changed profoundly: the Magistratura dei Beni incults is founded, which maps the territory, a preparatory action for public works aimed at deforesting, reclaiming and irrigating the countryside which, having become fertile and productive, see the proliferation of villas. This building genre is very successful because it responds to practical and aesthetic needs: control center of agricultural and wine production and symbol of the economic and social status of the client family that spends long periods of vacation in the hinterland, coinciding with the periods of sowing and harvesting. . Thus was born the so-called Civilization of the Venetian villa, which sees Andrea Palladio (1508 - 1580) as its most precious gem, but which actually lasts until the end of the Republic of Venice and beyond. The hills around Conegliano, which has always been a place dedicated to wine production, see dozens of villas flourish, some of which were built by important architects such as Baldassare Longhena (seventeenth century) and Giuseppe Jappelli (nineteenth century), who designed nearby of the villa Gera Sinopoli castle which has recently opened its doors to visitors. In the province of Treviso, the main villas that can be visited are: VILLA PAPADOPOLI GIOL IN SAN POLO DI PIAVE VILLA BARBARO IN MASER About eight kilometers from Asolo, in the locality of Maser, is the famous Villa Barbaro, which was built around 1560 by Andrea Palladio, admirably frescoed by Paolo Veronese and plastically decorated by Alessandro Vittoria. Commissioned by the Venetian brothers Daniele and Marcantonio Barbaro in one of the most beautiful sites in the Treviso area, the coast of a residential central body flanked by two side barchesse ended with two dovecotes for services. The avenue flanked by sculptures creates an ideal connection between the villa and the surrounding countryside, between the façade, characterized by Ionic semi-columns and pediment full of stucco decorations, and the Neptune Fountain, located across the street. Another authentic Palladian jewel is the Tempietto placed as the architectural backdrop of the carriage road; it was built in 1580, the year of death of its author, in that circular shape which he considered ideal for sacred buildings, because it served as a noble chapel and at the same time as a church for the village. VILLA REVEDIN BOLASCO In Borgo Treviso in Castelfranco Veneto, beyond the Ponte delle Guglie sul Musonello, where two Corner villas once stood, known as "del Paradiso", renovated in 1607 by Vincenzo Scamozzi from Vicenza (1548 - 1616), there is Villa Revedin Bolasco, built by architect Giovan Battista Meduna towards the middle of the sex. XIX in Neo-Renaissance style. The interior, normally not open to visitors, retains a beautiful semi-circular cantilevered staircase, a large hall and suggestive stables with original furnishings. The building is immersed in a beautiful park, designed by Meduna but modified in the following decades by the French Marc Guignon and Antonio Caregaro Negrin, enriched by a pond, a Moorish greenhouse and an amphitheater - actually a gallop - surrounded by fifty-two statues made by the Marinali for the pre-existing villa. The park, owned by the University of Padua since 1967, in 2018 won first place in the 16th edition of the Italian Public Parks Competition. It can be visited on weekends and holidays.
VILLA CORNER CHIMINELLI Not far from Castelfranco Veneto, in Sant'Andrea beyond the Muson is this lovely country residence built after 1564 on a previous building that existed in 1477. It was considered for a long time one of the properties of the Corner family, but recent studies have identified in the Venetian nobleman Francesco Soranzo, parish priest of San'Andrea from 1563 to 1595, the original owner. After several changes of ownership, at the end of the Second World War the villa was purchased by the Chiminelli family who provided for the restoration of the building and the creation of an interesting ethnographic museum set up in the rustic annexes. The building has a basement and a single raised noble floor. Noteworthy are the frescoes made by Benedetto Caliari, brother of Paolo Veronese, and the eighteenth-century sculptures, similar to the ways of the Bonazza.
VILLA EMO IN FANZOLO Villa Emo, about ten kilometers from Castelfranco Veneto, is one of Andrea Palladio's absolute masterpieces in villa architecture. Built in 1560, it is one of the few entirely finished architect's factories; it perfectly expresses the need for agricultural representativeness and functionality that is the basis of the very concept of a 16th-century Villa in Veneto. The fresco decoration which enriches the interiors by Giovan Battista Zelotti, a collaborator of Paolo Veronese, is also of considerable importance. The villa, surrounded by greenery, is surrounded by a precious Italian garden.VILLA LATTES A ISTRANA Edificata nel 1715 dal giovane architetto Giorgio Massari (Venezia, 1687 – 1766) per il mercante veneziano Paolo Tamagnino, la villa deve il suo nome alla famiglia Lattes che l’acquisì nel 1842. Il suo ultimo proprietario, l’avvocato Bruno Lattes, ha provveduto all’accurato restauro dell’edificio dove ha raccolto automi e carillons comprati durante i suoi numerosi viaggi, dando vita a una delle più importanti collezioni europee. Alla sua morte l’edificio e la collezione furono lasciate in eredità al Comune di Treviso, ma dal 2004 appartengono al Comune di Istrana che ha provveduto al restauro dell’immobile e alla sua apertura al pubblico. Il complesso edilizio, memore della tradizione palladiana, presenta un corpo residenziale emergente affiancato da due barchesse curvilinee che abbracciano il giardino antistante di forma ellissoidale. Lungo la cinta di recinzione si trova la cappella gentilizia che custodisce una pala d’altare di Jacopo Amigoni; come d’uso all’epoca era accessibile sia dalla villa sia dalla strada per essere utilizzata anche dagli abitanti del villaggio.