The Venetian museum seat of extraordinary photography exhibition is located on the Giudecca Island: Casa dei Tre Oci.
The “Casa dei Tre Oci
”, located on the Giudecca Island
, is a splendid example of early 20th-century Venetian architecture. The building became a public exhibition space in 2012 and now it is house of the photography collections
owned by Fondazione di Venezia, the collections of the Fondo De Maria
and the archive Italo Zannier
, proposing also some interesting temporary exhibitions of photography
. The Casa dei Tre Oci is a Civita Tre Venezia and Fondazione Forma
project, in association with Veneto Banca. It also hosts workshops, meetings and courses about photography.
Located on the bank of Giudecca Island, Casa dei Tre Oci
is one of the prime examples of neo-Gothic architecture in Venice. One can easily recognize the building thanks to its three big “eyes”, the large archi-acuti windows of the first floor and its characteristic gothic windows of the balcony of the second floor. Moreover, the complex overlooks the Giudecca Channel
with an extraordinary view of St Mark’s Square, the Zattere and Punta della Dogana. The project of this original building was conceived by the painter and photographer the Mario De Maria
(Marius Pictor) who built Casa dei Tre Oci as a studio-house in 1913.
How to get there:
Vaporetto: Zitelle From Piazzale Roma and the Ferrovialinea 4.1 (19 min.) / Line 2 (32 min.) From San Zaccarialinea 2 (6 min.) / Line 4.2 (4 min.)
Hours: Every day from 10: 00 at 19:00
Closed on Tuesdays
Ticket cost: full € 12.00 reduced € 10.00