In the historical centre of Conegliano, Best Western Hotel Canon d’Oro welcomes its guests with its beautiful frescoed façade. The hotel is housed in a 16th century building, formerly the home of a pawnshop (Monte di Pietà), with a completely frescoed façade, dating back to 1524, located on the old Contrada Granda, the high street, now called Via XX Settembre. Initially owned by the Confraternità dei Battuti (Confraternity of Flagellants), a group of pious men who founded the town’s cathedral and, later on, its hospital, the building was used as a pawnshop until 1794. Privately owned since 1830, it was then used as a place of refreshment and hospitality in the form of a traditional inn, later as a restaurant with rooms, and now as a hotel. Listed among the historical public establishments of the Veneto region and classified as a period residence since 1980, the Capraro family follows the ownership and management of the restaurant. In 2011 Canon d'Oro joined Best Western Hotel Family wit the name "Best Western Hotel Canon d’Oro".