The hotel is located in the “sestiere of Cannaregio” , its name coming from the cane fields that once grew there. More precisely in Lista di Spagna. The name “Lista” in the ancient Venetian language was given to zones not subject to the Venetian Republic domain, albeit being in the city, to get into which a visa was mandatory. This area, stretching from the Scalzi church to the church of San Geremia, belonged to the Spanish crown, and housed its embassy. Our hotel was the annex of the latter, which stood a few meters ahead, towards palazzo Labia (beautiful Venetian palace, which houses the offices of the national Italian television, RAI). The annex became a hotel in 1881. It has been adapted to modern safety and quality standards in the last years.